In honor of receiving this award, I have written a poem, which I hope you will enjoy.
There is no greater gift than
the smile of a baby,
the hug from a friend,
the encouragement of a co-worker,
the laugh of a child,
the purr of a cat,
the nuzzling of a dog,
the blossoming of a flower,
the shade of a tree on a hot day,
the coolness of a breeze flowing through the window of a warm apartment,
the gentleness of a nurse changing the dressing on your wound after an operation,
the first word spoken by an toddler,
the raindrops falling on the roof while you are curled up in bed with a good book,
the brightness of the stars in the sky on a dark night,
the moon glowing over a river or lake, providing mirrored reflection,
the aroma of fresh bread or chocolate chip cookies,
the smile of pride on the faces of parents on graduation day,
the moment you fall in love, or
the art of a poem.
THE RULES FOR ACCEPTING THE "SHINE ON" AWARD ARE:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award requirements.
1. I am an avid reader.
2. I love writing.
3. I prefer poetry that rhymes.
4. I am a university graduate.
5. I am a single mom, and have been for about 23 years.
6. Both my parents are still alive.
7. All of my grandparents have passed on.
7 MORE THINGS ABOUT ME
1. I don't like following a bunch of rules all of the time, so I am adding this list of seven more things about me.
2. I like chocolate, lobster, pizza, and steak.
3. I enjoy crime dramas on TV.
4. I taught high school math and English for over 3 years.
5. I think many teenagers are misunderstood.
6. I am bipolar.
7. I am bisexual.
The 15 Blogs I Am Nominating Are:
http://lauriewriting.com/ Laurie Kozlowski's blog
http://chaoticsurvivorship.com/ Angela Current's blog
http://thereporterandthegirl.com/ (Since I noticed you did not have this award!)
http://cheryllynnroberts.wordpress.com/ "Cher Shares" is the title of this blog.
https://verajackson.wordpress.com/2013/06/13/the-sun/ "Everyone is Welcome!
Ms. Vee's Blogs..Anything Goes." is the title of this blog.
http://doreenpendgracs.com/ I met Doreen in one of my LinkedIn groups, but don't know if she will accept this award...
http://kurtrees.wordpress.com/ Kurt writes some really good poetry on his blog. I really like it; it has its own unique flavour!
I found these blogs via a poetry community on Google+, and wanted to give them a mention, since this is a poetry blog, after all!
http://afrodamusjonz.blogspot.ca/ Michael David Saunders Hall's blog of poetry
http://lovepainandothercatastrophes.blogspot.com.au/ Poetry is shared on Google+ by this poet, Yobial Marin, all the time!
http://marcystyleoriginals.blogspot.ca/2013/06/dont-know-what-to-do.html Marcy Roth-Richardson's poetry blog
http://t-rytes.blogspot.ca/2013/06/break-free.html Tineeka De Silva's poetry blog
http://alparryblog.wordpress.com/poetry/ Al Parry's blog, which includes poetry!
Much thanks to Aleshia Clarke for this award!
I love comments, too, so please don't be shy about leaving one! Thank you!